Next: grep - Search file
Up: Other Useful Commands
Previous: find - Find files
Transfers file to/from a remote machine.
Note: ftp is being phased out, where possible
use scp instead (see section 8.7).
- Connect to remote computer ``remote.machine.org''.
- Login in as user ``him''.
- Change work directory on remote machine to ``his/directory''.
- Change work directory on local machine to ``my/directory''.
- Get to local machine the remote file ``myfile''.
- Multi-file put to remote machine any local file called ``yourfile*''.
n west (IT Staff)